2017 Tourism Works™ Awards for Outstanding Efforts
in the Utah Tourism Industry
STATEMENT OF ELIGIBILITY: The “Tourism Works™ Awards” for Outstanding Efforts in the Utah Tourism Industry are open to all individuals in the Utah tourism industry, Private Business, Government, and Non-Profit organizations offering Tourism- related products or service in Utah.
DEADLINE: Submission must be completed and received by email on Friday, August 25 at 12:00 p.m.
JUDGING PANEL & WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: The Utah Tourism Conference Committee will review the entries. Entry review will be based on the information provided on the attached entry form only. An entry may be disqualified if it is determined that there is not adequate information provided on the entry form. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Winners will be announced on Thursday, September 14, 2017 during breakfast at the Utah Tourism Conference.
• Complete the entry form and email to email@example.com by the deadline
• Only one (1) entry will be considered for any one organization or individual per category
• Entries not prepared according to the guidelines may be disqualified For questions or more information, please contact Kaitlin Eskelson at 801-997-0647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• AWARD CATEGORIES:
Spirit of Service: The Spirit of Service Award is presented to the tourism
employee or volunteer who best exemplifies the Utah tourism industry
commitment of exceptional service by showing “Service Elevated".
Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative: Acknowledges an activity, event,
or project undertaken by a community or region to promote tourism in Utah.
Outstanding Utah Tourism Advertising Award: Recognizes SUPERIOR
advertising from an organization for either a single target promotion or a full
campaign that exemplifies the organization’s creativity and excellence in
promoting tourism in the state of Utah.
Spirit of Service
• Individual goes above and beyond what is expected
• Individual makes sure guests have an “elevated” experience
• Customer service, flexibility, energy, creativity, and imagination
Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
• Program well received by the community
• Utilizes other businesses, organizations, and partnerships
• Demonstrates creativity and innovation
• Contributes to Tourism and Economic Development in the Community/
Outstanding Utah Advertising Award
• Clear, effective, focused, and innovated promotion or campaign
• Measurable contributions to Utah Tourism Industry in the local, state, and/or
• Utilization of creative elements in the form of traditional media, social media,
public relations, special promotions, events, and direct marketing.